Monday, May 21, 2012

It's hard...



This is my husband...isn't he cute?  Jake and I dated for several years before getting married.  We were still dating here...
Still dating here too...we were at a friend's wedding.

Our wedding day!  It was such a great day that started with rain and ended in the most gorgeous sunset!  The wedding was a very special time for us and it was intimate with only our immediate family attending.  (The ceremony was held at a state park in NY near the Finger Lakes.)

This is us last summer...I was pregnant in this picture! 

Why am I taking this walk down memory lane about my hubby?  Marriage is hard.  I listen to others and I get very frustrated when they act like a marriage is this thing that just "happens."  My husband is my best friend, but like any relationship, marriage requires work to make sure that it remains healthy.  We have to put each other first and maintain love in situations where we want to be upset or angry.  Marriage is worth it.  I would never trade my husband, not even for chocolate.  When I said my vows I meant forever, even when he's being a bugger.  When he took his vows he meant forever, even when I'm being unreasonable.  (I know, me unreasonable?)  I'm looking forward to what God has for me and Jake.  I know that I have this wonderful opportunity to spend life's great moments with my best friend, and that is something special.


2 comments:

  1. Great post! It really is hard. Especially with a baby and little sleep, it can really add to the stress! Praying for you guys. We'd love your prayers as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd be happy to pray for you and Dylan - it is always good to have others in your corner. I really think that positive people around us and prayer make marriage a little easier!

    ReplyDelete