Friday, February 8, 2013

Restored

My church will be turning one on 2/12/13 and we are celebrating this weekend!  As part of the celebration, each person was asked to write a word that described a part of their experience with Elevate and take a picture holding the sign.  I did a lot of thinking about my word.  There are lots of words to describe this past year!  Bold, Blessed, Change, Moving...the list goes on and on.  As I continued to wonder what would be the best word for me, I realized that this past year has been one of restoration.  Scripture is full of warnings and examples of how it can be difficult to stay on track with Christ.  We can often end up in situations that are spiritually debilitating without realizing how far in we are!  I had my fall from grace about  five years ago and it was one of the most difficult times of my life.  This past year has been the first in those five years when I've walked into church without feeling like I have to worry about what others think about my past.  I can be me, scars and all, and no one is going to judge me for it.  I am truly free in this church because others understand that God's grace is for all - no matter who you are and no matter where you've been - period.  No stipulations!  God's grace is enough and it has been amazing to claim that in the past year.  Happy Birthday Elevate Church!  www.elevateerie.net

No comments:

Post a Comment